Saturday, November 12, 2016

Lately

Thursday night I went to see Jersey Boys, the musical, with some friends.  It was the first time I left the house for more then 30 minutes in more then a week!  My guy friends wanted to do something and were so thoughtful knowing I can't do much.  We had a blast and they were so entertaining, singing and dancing along in their seats.  If you haven't seen it, you should.  It was fantastic.


A few things to catch up on.  I did cut my hair - 13 inches to be exact.  I wanted to be able to donate it before I started losing it.  My salon working with a charity  - Kids with Hair Loss.  All the wigs are given to children losing hair for one reason or another.  I learned that Locks for Love sells the wigs they make with donated hair...BOOO.  It took me a little to get used to it, but I am liking the shorter hair.  This is good since it will be a long time before I have long hair again :)  The doctor thinks it should start to go this week.  The boys are on standby with the clippers to shave it when it's time.

There goes the ponytail

Best I could do for before and after
In other news, after all the shots and medicines, the fertility folks were able to get 12 eggs to keep on ice for when I am ready.  That's right - a whole dozen eggs :)  That should be more then enough for me.  But I am thankful I was able to do it.  I will have to continue to fight with insurance to see if I can get it all covered.  It wasn't cheap - but at the same time, being able to have babies in the future is priceless.  


My uncle is coming to stay with me this week for a few days.  Chemo #2 is on Wednesday and he gets here Thursday.  We are going to take a drive to Rocky Mountain National Park over the weekend.  It's still 70 degrees during the day.  Where is winter!?!  Then I will fly home with him to spend Thanksgiving with my family.  Almost the entire family will be at my aunts so it will be nice to see everyone.  I come home for a few weeks and will head back for my sister's wedding and Christmas.  

My uncle and I when we met at the gas station in NE.  He was driving CO -> PA and I was going PA -> CO!
Sorry this post wasn't too exciting.  Life on the couch just doesn't give me much to talk about.  Yay for Netflix! 


No comments:

Post a Comment