Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Pineapples!

When I was diagnosed with breast cancer, someone along the way suggested a photo shoot to “document” my OG tatas. I talked about it with my mom and she thought it was a great idea (I was a little surprised). I found a photographer through google and went back and forth with her for a bit. I needed a second biopsy and wanted those incisions to heal before doing a shoot so they didn’t stand out too much. I also went back to PA to see my family before surgery. By the time I was ready to schedule, the original photographer was booked. I asked her if she knew anyone else that may be able to help me, that’s how I found Adena! Check out her full site {here}




I think our first real conversation was on a Thursday and my shoot would be the following day. Most girls plan for months for this. Several shopping trips to find the perfect outfits are typical. I had 24 hours. I threw a bunch of different things in a bag and made it pit stop at the grocery store for some pineapples. I showed up on Friday excited for Adena to work her magic!



I couldn’t be happier with how this all worked out. Looking back I think it was meant to be that the other photographer was booked. Sometimes when you meet someone, you just click. I know that sounds so cliche but it is so true. Maybe it is because this shoot was so much more to me. I don’t know. After our first conversation, I knew things would be just perfect. I felt like Adena and I had known each other forever. I wasn’t nervous at all but so excited for this part of my story. She has given me something no one else could. This is a piece of me that I will never get back, but it's not completely lost. This is certainly better then the few iPhone pics I took along the way.



Having been through the shoot, I think this is something every girl should do at least once in her life. And if you find yourself in this crummy cancer situation, like me, I would say this is a must. I mean it. I felt like a million bucks when I left. The hair and makeup alone is a mini pamper session. Let alone the actual shoot. So if you are reading this and you know someone going through this, maybe give them the idea. This will for sure be my best memory of my breast cancer journey.










Chemo #2 is tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment