Sunday, September 18, 2016

A little bit of fairytale

Yesterday I had the most amazing day!  It started with a good workout at the gym and then some cleaning to get ready for Wednesday. My apartment is tiny, so I had to move some things around to make room for the air mattress for Mom and Twin.  At least 2 nights they can split the bed or one can be on the couch.  Good thing they love me!

A group of friends and I were heading to a black tie gala!  I had been to a black tie wedding before but never a gala type event.  Several friends are involved in an Rocky Mountain Active, a group of woman that raise money for under privileged children right here in Denver.  And Lindsey was in charge of planning the event! 

The real fun started when I picked up a friend and we headed to Nordstroms to get our makeup done. The girl that did mine was so nice and she took her time and explained everything she was doing.  I don't wear makeup much and when I do it is minimal.  This was a nice treat.

I don't take the best selfies
Next up was the Drybar.  There is just something about someone else washing your hair and then making it look nice.  If I ever win the lottery, I would have someone do my hair a few times a week. Haha. Plus the products at the Drybar smell amazing - bonus!  We had some bubbles while they made us beautiful.  I may have to start practicing, I don't think I am winning the lottery any time soon.  I won the cancer lottery - Oh Boy!

Bubbles & water - not our first rodeo





All done :)

I really did feel like Cinderella all dressed up for the ball.  My dress was from Rent the Runway and I love it.  I don't want to send it back at all.  It may be the most beautiful dress I have ever worn.  And the pockets were perfection!  


We got dressed at a friends house, had a quick drink and then headed to get some dinner before the event.  We were on the 36th floor of a downtown hotel, looking at the mountains.  No pics of the view, it was hard with sun and glare from glass :(  

The rest of the night was so much fun.  We danced the night away!  This was excatly what I needed going into this week.  











No comments:

Post a Comment