Tuesday, September 27, 2016

There is no place like home


After feeling crappy most of the day on Thursday, I was happy to come home on Friday.  We got back to my apartment around lunch time.  The first task was figuring out how I was most comfortable.  A stack of pillows in bed did the trick.  There are 4 behind me and one under each arm.  Every once in a while we fluff them back up and it has been working great.  The Twin ran to the store to get some things while Mom set up my side table with everything I would need.  I took a nap and then it was time to empty the drains.  These bad boys deserve a post all to themselves.  (coming later this week).  

Snap from the Twin
The Twin was leaving on Saturday so we just had a super low key rest of the day.  They ran out to pick up dinner and then we watched TV and I faded in and out of sleep.  The Twin slept in my bed that night which was nice.  If I woke up, she woke up and right away wanted to know what she could do.  One of the biggest challenges is just reaching.  I say I have T-Rex arms.  Trying to fix  pillow being me is tough. Sitting up and getting out of bed without pushing off your hands is harder then you think.  Go ahead, try it.  Thank goodness for those core classes at the gym!  

Sat morning with my dream team!
Saturday morning we got up and had eggs.  I have to eat every time I take the pain meds or I get nauseous.  Surprise, more lounging around until it was time for them to head to airport.  Mom dropped her off and it was my first real test being alone.  Not gonna lie, I only got out of bed for the bathroom.  I know pretty boring.  This is my first major surgery and I can't believe how tired I am all the time.  Naps are my friend.

Love her "deerly"
Sunday, 4 days post op,  I decided I wanted to get out.  I needed to exchange a pair of pjs because I only had one pair that buttoned.  Mom and I went to Victoria's Secret.  They have the best pjs and the only button down ones I could find that don't look like they are for my 88 year old grandma.  We were in out of there quickly.  Next was Whole Foods to pick up lunch. I love their kale and brussle sprout salad.  But it was Sunday and we waited in live for what felt like forever.  I started to get light headed and knew I overdid it.  Oh well, wasn't going to know until I tired.  I came home, ate and went right to sleep.  

Finally some real clothes! (don't mind the mess)
Our big trip on Monday was only down to the mail room.  We did get a visit from my dad's cousin and her husband.  They had been out here to see their daughter, who is in grad school.  They stayed a while but was nice of them to stop by.  It was National Pankcake Day so that made the dinner choice easy for me.  I hadn't really been hungry but needed to be eating.  Mom makes great pancakes.  They were light and fluffy and not heavy in my belly.  We watched the movie The Other Sister.  I love with the ladies screw the guy :)

Car pillow, a gift from the hospital.  
I had an appointment on Tuesday to see the photos I had done before surgery.  More to come on this too, but here is a sneak peak.  Then my friends came over for a pizza dinner.  We had a great night.  I'm so happy they came over.  I'm lucky to have found such great people here.  

Great visit with the girls!
On tap for tomorrow is follow ups with both surgeons.  I am really hoping to lose some of these drains tomorrow.  We will see, fingers crossed!

Sneak Peek!

No comments:

Post a Comment