Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Playing the waiting game

So as you can imagine, the surgery getting pushed back 20 days is driving me nuts.  I just want to get it over with.  Waiting is for the birds.  I have been making lists and will really start prepping next week.

I had a nice 3 day weekend.  Watched some college football, saw a Boys 2 Men concert, had some cocktails, went to a pool party and finished it up with an all day happy hour.  Oh and I spent the actual Labor day doing nothing :)  Ok well I did do laundry but that is it.  The joy of living alone!

Only photo from the weekend.  Whoops!

Tomorrow I get to go back to PA for a long weekend. (Fun fact: only people from Pennsylvania say P A, the letters, as their state.  I haven't found any other state where people do that)  That's the silver lining of the surgery date being moved.  I will get to see my family.  I haven't seen any of them since the diagnosis.  I am looking forward to it.  My nephew started Kindergarten today so I am sure he will have lots to tell me.  He sent a video telling me how excited he was to see me.  Can't wait to squeeze him!

First day photo
At Christmas I got my mom tickets to see Adele.  That is Friday night so now that I will be home I get to go!  I am sure my dad is relieved that he doesn't have to go.  I don't think I have ever been to a concert with my mom so that should be fun.  I have heard great things about her concert. 

#truth

I am sure I will figure out some other things to do.  My best bud just had a baby - I mean like a week ago and is in a new house so want to try and see them.  Also want to try and maybe see the beach and pick crabs along the way.

More to come!

PS - I added some new pictures to the post about the gym fundraiser.  Check it out {here}

No comments:

Post a Comment