Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Hello...from the other side (of the country)

I I got back last night from my trip back to PA to see family and friends before the surgery.  I am glad I was able to go and visit.  As always, there was too much to do and not enough time.  Here is a recap of all the fun!

So hard to get them to both look at the same time.
I flew in on Wednesday night just in time for leftovers (pepper steak, one of my favorites) and Real Housewives New York Reunion.  Remember, this is a no judgement zone.  Thursday morning I got up and walked my nephew to school.  He was super excited to see me.  I was off work on Thursday so then I drove down to the beach for the day.  While it was nice to have my feet in the sand and listen to the waves, it was not nice to have the green head flies chewing up my feet!  I only last 2 hours but it was better then nothing.  I met up with a good friend for a while and then headed to Atlantic City for the prelims of the Miss America pageant.  It always falls the week of my mom's birthday and we are able to get free tickets.  Mom, 2 aunts and a cousin all came down. 

He is growing up so fast. 
Friday night was the Adele concert.  It was AMAZING!  So glad that I was able to get the tickets back in December and that I was able to go with my mom.  We were up in the nose bleeds but it didn't matter where you were sitting, it was that good.  She may be one of the only artists that sounds better in person then on her album or radio.  My iPhone video doesn't do justice at all!



Saturday I spent the morning with my nephews again.  Then went to hang out with my aunt.  She just finished up her 7 weeks of treatment for throat cancer.  We are very close.  Crazy that we were diagnosed pretty much at the same time and tough that we are 1700 miles apart while we go through this. She has been such a warrior throughout her journey.  Stopped by to see a friend, her new house and her even newer baby!  Little Addie was sleeping most of the time, but I did get to feed her.  I love when they are so small they fit right in your lap.  Finished off the night with birthday dinner for Mom and her sister.  They are 1 year and 2 days apart.  Had my first slice of pumpkin pie of the season and it did not disappoint.  Have you had pumpkin pie from Costco?  It may be the best ever. 

Of course she has on pink :)
I spent Sunday with my cousin.  I saw his new house, we went shopping, back for another visit to my aunt.  He got us matching bracelets that are made by monks and will give us protection.  We had big family spaghetti dinner and then cake and ice cream for the September birthdays.  I am from a big family so we always do cake and ice cream.  It was great to see most of the family in one shot. 

Pillows quilted for me by another aunt. 


All in all it was just what I needed.

Airport selfie.  I need to work on these.  

No comments:

Post a Comment