Friday, September 30, 2016

Curveball

My BS called yesterday afternoon.  I was hoping she got the test results from my lymph nodes back early.  But instead she said she had a curveball for me.  The hospital does a breast conference every few weeks and the entire team reviews the cases.  After discussing mine, mostly because of my age, they want to do some additional testing on more lymph nodes.  

During surgery last week, they removed two lymph nodes to be tested for cancer cells.  Of those two, one came back positive.  My doctor wants to be absolutely sure there is no cancer cells in any more lymph nodes.  

She gave me two options, 7 weeks of radiation or another surgery to remove 10 more lymph nodes to be tested.  I knew right away it was surgery for me.  They will go back in through the original incision under my arm and remove more.  This will happen in less then 2 weeks.  I am already in recovery mode so it was a no brainer for me.  This will be an outpatient procedure so I will be back in my bed that night.  Should be a piece of cake after last week.  

So now I am just waiting on the other test results to see about chemo.  Fingers crossed!



No comments:

Post a Comment