Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Find out who your friends are

This should have been the eve of my surgery but it has been pushed back to Sept. 21.  I wish it were tomorrow so I could keep the ball moving.  I will be in stall pattern here for the next couple of weeks.    The silver lining is that I will get to go home next weekend to see my family.  That will be a nice treat.  

That thing that people say about finding out who your real friends are when things get shitty is the truth.  It might have been nice to stay in my bubble of oblivion thinking everyone that was important to me felt the same way back.  This part will sound like a broken record - I continue to be blown away by the support from my family, friends, Stella Sisters, and my new friends here in Denver.  


But the most surprising is the people I thought would be there for me but have not.  It hard not to feel the disappointment when it comes to these people.  I try not to dwell on the negatives since I am so blessed with far more people that have been nothing short of amazing.  But it hurts my heart.  It hurts that these are people I would have done anything for and all I wanted was some support, a "hey, how are you doing today"  I will get over it, it is what it is.  I guess it is better to know then not to know, but doesn't make it any easier.  


So I share this to ask you all to be honest with those that are important to you and don't lead on the ones that aren't.  And if you are not sure, thats ok.  But if someone you know goes through something shitty, don't underestimate the power of a "hey, how are you?".  I can tell you, it goes a long way.  



No comments:

Post a Comment