Tuesday, August 23, 2016

More tattoos??

I had never given much thought to my boobs or my nipples before a month or so ago.  I mean I would think "do my boobs look good in this shirt" or "why are my nipples always hard" (I am always cold!).  But not much more then that.  And I find out I have breast cancer and my boobs are the center of my world I feel like.  

I may need this tee from Easy

When I met with the plastic surgeon he mentioned he may be able to save my nipples.  This little thing to me made it like I wasn't losing everything and could keep a little something that was mine.  I spoke to my breast surgeon's partner yesterday as Dr. B is on vacation.  She said based on the papers, she does not think I am a candidate for the nipple sparing procedure.  I am bummed.  Apparently they can 3 D tattoo nipples on once the new boobs heal.  Guess I will be looking into that.  And I thought I was done with tattoos.  

I am waiting for the breast surgeon and the plastic surgeon to coordinate schedules so I can find out if my surgery date will change.  More waiting...  In the meantime, I have started to read about what the procedure will be like and life just after.  I have been given so much great information and found some great groups on Facebook for girls my age going through this same thing.  That has been very helpful.

This makes me laugh every time


These past few days have been the first I really wanted to go back to July 19, when everything was great and I didn't know the bump in my boob was cancer.   I wish I were done with my boobs - husband, babies, all of it.   I will never know why I got this now, but it is what it is. 

Thank you all!


But trying to focus on the good.  As shitty as all this is, I continue to be amazed at the support.  Because most of my family and my coworkers even are far away, they all send stuff.  (This is in no way meant to be a bragging part of the post - just shear gratitude).  And since these people can't be here, these things make me smile everyday.

Meet Dr Kick Ass sent from a coworker

My aunt, who is kicking throat caner's ass right now sent this huge binder.  The docs will follow us both for 5 years once we are cancer free.  The binder will be a place to keep all the paperwork, test results, receipts we collect along the way.  Mine says #dreamboobs on the front.  

Medical binder, at least my paperwork will look good!




No comments:

Post a Comment