Saturday, August 20, 2016

Extra, Extra

What a long week it's been.  I saw the plastic surgeon on Monday and then headed to Chicago for a work convention and just got back today.  Lots of long days and I am happy to be home.

The meeting with the plastic surgeon was good.  Again, he really took his time walking through the different options he had for me.  He took a ton of measurements, I didn't even know there were so many ways to measure a boob.  I won't get into all the particulars, but the appointment went well.

From Erin Condren
The best part about the convention in Chicago was seeing Sarah and Stacie.  We only get to see each other a few times a year, but I would be lost without them.  Both in work and in life, they support me, listen and give me advice.  We got in on Tuesday and went right to The Drybar for some girl time.  They had never been.  We had a great time despite this one not having champagne :)

Work besties

The rest of the week was meetings and dinners.  I wrote out my profs and cons list on Wednesday.  It always helps me to write everything down.  It was hard to keep focus in the meetings, but I did my best.  I also got to see a ton of District Managers and other coworkers from all over the country.  There was no shortage of hugs and "I'm praying for yous" and I was A-ok with that.  It's really nice to feel that support. 


So after lots of careful consideration and lots of lists and conversations with Mom and some others,  I decided on the double mastectomy + reconstruction.  This option will give me the best piece of mind moving forward.  It was not easy at all and I was back and forth all week about what I wanted to do.  I am confident with this choice and now it is on until the next step!
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment