Thursday, August 25, 2016

It's a Date

I'm So the date is set - Wednesday, September 21st.  Just about 3 weeks from now.  They called yesterday to let me know.  While I wish it was sooner, I know the doctors did their best to make this happen as soon as possible.  So I will keep myself busy from now until then.  Mom and sister will switch their travel plans to be here for the new date.  I have been reading up on what to take to the hospital and what I may need after.  Once I figure out my plan ( I have time now), I will write about what I decide. I didn't know there were so many options when it comes to all this. 




This morning I went for my pre-op testing.  This appointment was booked based on my original surgery date of 9/1.  When the nurse called with the new date I asked if I should still go and she said yes.  That is was still within the window for the new date that is was good.  It was easier then I thought for the most part - they took blood and some chest x-rays.  And of course there was paperwork.  There is always paperwork.  Do I have a living will?  What are my wishes in different circumstance, you know all the fun stuff you want to think about.  Good news, I was in and out in less then an hour.  I was happy about that.

Its kinda a chilly, grey day out today, which matches my mood.  Actually it is the first chilly day here in Denver.  Overall I think I have been doing a pretty good job with all this stuff.  But today I'm just in a funk.  Maybe the knowing the date and that my decision has been made has somehow made this more real.  I know it my my heart I made the right decision, but that doesn't make it any better.  I really do try to focus on the good and the little wins I have had along the way.  I am generally a positive person and trying not to lose sight of that.  I see how it could be easy to curl up and wallow.  And sometimes, that is just want I want to do.  I am sure that is "normal".  But as long as I have more good days then bad, I would consider that a win too.


Tomorrow is the fundraiser at my gym and I am excited for that.  The money part is still uncomfortable for me, but I know people want to help and that is the easiest way.  What I am looking forward to is a good time.  There will be a bootcamp workout, a DJ and some other fun things.  I will take some pictures to share.  

No comments:

Post a Comment