Thursday, October 27, 2016

Hit me with your best shot

Today wasn't such a great day.  Yesterday was a full day.  It started at 7:15 with blood work and ultra sound at the fertility center.  Followed by 8am at the plastic surgeon and 9 am at the oncologist.   I had my FABtober makeover (more on that in a minute) at Nordstrom and then ended the day with the breast surgeon at 4.   All in all everything is looking good. I won't see the PS or the BS now until after chemo is done.  I will do some physical therapy to help the range of motion in my arms. The right more then the left needs it since that is where all the lymph nodes were taken.  I got the go ahead for regular bras!  Wooo-hooo!  I also got a flu shot.  The oncologist wanted that since my white blood cell count will be way down.  I woke up feeling pretty shitty.  Between the flu shot and the egg meds I think my body is mad at me.  

This should be my costume! 
I got the call that they will harvest my eggs now tomorrow (Friday).  This is one day later then they told me last week.  Apparently my eggs, well follicles really, needed one more day to grow.  So I did my trigger shots last night - one at 11:45 and one at 12:45am and then the last one at 12:45pm.  Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful I had this option to ensure I can have babies someday; however, these last 2 weeks have been crazy with all the shots and appointments.  But it will all be over tomorrow!

So much easier then the one in the butt


This is what 2 weeks of my meds looks like
Back to the make over.  I won a FABtober makeover at my local Nordstrom! The Pink Agenda and Giuliana Rancic’s FAB-U-WISH program gave me a fabulous Estée Lauder makeover experience as part of their FABtober campaign. They wanted to provide a fun, memorable experience for girls in the midst of facing breast cancer.  I got to take 2 friends, we got made up at the Estée Lauder counter and had a great lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe.  We all came home with some fabulous goodies! 





Not the best photo of me, but I tried


This was the best part for sure!


The goodies :)


Chemo starts Monday!

1 comment: