Monday, October 24, 2016

Out and about and back in bed

This was my first weekend since the mastectomy surgery I didn't have any family in town. Thankfully, I had some things planned but boy was I beat today.  I was in and out of sleep until 4:30 pm, but they say that's normal.  I may have over done it a little, but am so happy with how things went.

Carrie is always a good idea
Friday night was low key, because I knew I would be out for a bit on Saturday.  Adena, my awesome photographer (more on that later), had a Breast Cancer Awareness Open House at her studio.  I brought my Stella & Dot goodies and there was pink hair extensions, temporary tattoos, pink drinks and lots of fun.  Her son and daughter were there and at the end handed me a stack of pink cards that all the kids that came made for me.  I did not even realize what all the kids were doing the whole time.  It was so sweet.  I have to figure out where to hang them! 

Bags, scarves and book - Oh My!
On my way home, I stopped at a bar downtown to catch the last quarter of the A&M game.  My good friend Erica is an alumni and she and some of the girls were out for the game.  After that is was home to spend the rest of the night on the couch.  

Ready to go!  Glad I can step into this shirt.  It was warm.
Sunday was the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer 5K.  Me and 6 of my girl friends and 3 of there pups walked the 3.1 miles.  It was the first time I had done one.  I got a Miss America style sash that said Survivor along with a special t-shirt.  The Top Golf tent had the best goodies - bags, beer koozies and hair ties! 

Survivor Squad
After the walk I had to run and get blood work and an ultrasound for the fertility folks.  The girls went to Southern Hospitality to get a table. Brunch was amazing!  I can't wait to go back when I can drink - $12 bottomless mimosas or bloody mary's - yes, please!  I did have one virgin bloody but it wasn't the same.  The food was so good and because of the pups, we sat out on the patio.  The sun was shining, it was just perfect.  After brunch, a few of us stopped at the outlets on the way home.  I picked up a cute zip up and a shirt, both will be good for chemo so they can access the port.  
Wasn't quite the same...
What a fun weekend even if I slept all day today.  This is a big week;  follow ups with all the docs BS, PS and the oncologist, egg harvest and first chemo treatment.  I'll keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment